Basically, I was very lucky to have the opportunity to jet around Cairo during my 11-hour layover in early December. I had a wonderful guide who took me around to the key destinations which were not too far from the airport. Got around especially quickly because traffic was quite minimal (it is usually awful, so I hear) because it happened to be a public holiday (had no idea until landing).
Mosques...







Wow!!!!!!! Neat O!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou lucky bum!!!
ReplyDeleteA LAYOVER IN CAIRO!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAND YOU SAW PYRAMIDS!!!!!
so, so, so jealous.
:)
I am so jealous! You are very lucky.
ReplyDeleteWow!~! Did you get to go inside a pyramid? What's it like?
ReplyDeleteYeah, it was a lucky thing. Also lucky that I'm not there now..!
ReplyDeleteI did get to go inside one of the queen's pyramids which was smaller. No pictures here because there were no cameras allowed, although I'm not sure how much a photo would have done anyway. It's just a very steep narrow descent (not for the claustrophobic) into a cool sort of spacious chamber that would have been dark if there weren't lights put inside. Pretty neat but also kind of eery. And I couldn't help but imagine how awful it would be to be buried alive should the pyramid for some reason collapse! But that's just me!