Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Change in perspective
So I was chatting with some Host Country Nationals (PC prefers this terminology over "natives") the other day, and they were curious about the States and asking me questions and stuff. They then mentioned how they'd like to visit America, but are afraid to because of the terrorism, suicide bombers, and school bombings! I of course knew what they were talking about, but it was so strange to hear people living in Africa say they would be more concerned for their safety if they were to come to the States, since really so many Americans are fearful to come here! But it was cool to realize how safe this family felt living in Namibia and how culture affects our fears! Meditate on that one... I know I am! Really interesting stuff!
Labels:
cross-cultural,
culture
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ISN'T THAT THE BEST?!?!?!
ReplyDelete:D