Photos from a recent visit to Etosha:
(Spring bok)
(Kudu)
(Oryx)
(Flamingos)
(Elephant just bathing itself)
(A pretty devoured giraffe carcass. Look closely at the left side to see the neck and head.)
The jackal (above) prefers to feed on what the predator has already killed. This seemed to be a pretty recent kill, so we were just wishing we got to see it! We had our eyes peeled for that lion.
And just for the sake of comparison...!
Don't you love how Patches manages to find his way into nearly every blog post... :-P













OH I'm so jealous!! I've always wanted to go to Africa and go on a Safari of sorts...thanks for sharing the pictures..I love & miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteWow! Did you go on a safari?? Soo cool that you got to see all those animals in the wild!
ReplyDeleteThe bird - a lovely one! - is a Lilac Breasted Roller. They get their name from their aerial acrobatics.
ReplyDeleteYou've got some great wildlife shots. Thanks for sharing!!
Great photos!!!
ReplyDelete