The deal with this place is that that they've rescued animals that wouldn't have survived in the wild for some reason and rehabilitate and reintroduce them if/when possible. Harnas also takes visitors on their daily feedings, which is what we did.
Leopard:
The cheetahs may have been the coolest part of the excursion since we took the vehicle into their enclosure.
The wild dogs were interesting in their own way too. Unfortunately we couldn't upload the video to show you, but their sound, if you can call it that, is just obnoxious!
I've never seen juvenile ostrich play before, but they were puffing out their wings and spinning around together. It's pretty adorable!
One of the thorniest trees we've seen yet! And that's saying something!
I've been looking at these photos for a while now, and I'd have to say that the day must have been a wonderful surprise for Kevin! One he won't forget, I'm sure. : )
ReplyDeleteMy favorite photos are of the cheetahs - they're so beautiful! - and the young ostriches and striped mongoose. When they were young, my guinea fowl would play like those ostriches. They're a lot of fun to watch! Have you seen any guineas there? A very distinct looking bird - most people think they're ugly, but I love their plumage and personalities. : )