Friday, October 14, 2011
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Another thing we noticed after our return from the August holiday, along with the arrival of Spring, is that the stores are already stocking Christmas decorations, etc. And the Shop Rite employees are wearing their Santa hats! When we commented about it to one of them the other week, the man said, "Christmas is only a month away!" So we weren't sure if that was bad math, wishful thinking, a joke, or something else! Or maybe this is just what happens when you don't have Halloween or Thanksgiving to hold you off. (Although I'm not saying that stores in the States aren't also starting to get their customers in the mood to Christmas shop.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was just in a store that was playing Christmas music! They sure do rush the seasons... people had Halloween decorations out last month already. And soon after Christmas, Valentine's stuff appears! Why is everyone in such a hurry?!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure I'd like to have Christmas in the Spring - I guess it'll be like having it in Florida or Arizona. No snow, no cold weather, no bundling up in winter coats, no slipping on ice... I can't drink hot chocolate if it's not cold out! ; ) But Christmas is Christmas no matter where you are - that doesn't change!! We can celebrate Christ's birth regardless of the climate or geography. How cool is that? : )
i love bad math! :D
ReplyDelete