Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sindjendjendje nyemi tandato..

Video sample (courtesy of PCT: Sarah) of how we begin our training sessions each morning. We've learned a number of catchy welcome songs in various African languages- this one is definitely a favorite among many trainees especially! I can't translate the words (of mostly any of the songs, for that matter), but they all basically say good morning or welcome (or at least, that's what they tell us!).



When we get better at it, we will also have to post a video or something soon of us demonstrating how khoekhoegowab sounds (the click language we are learning).

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates guys!! I remember training to be pretty much a pure blur due to intense exhaustion :). Sounds like it's similar in PC Nmibia! Miss you and hope that all continues to go well!!! Keep posting :).
    ~Kersten

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to hear you two speaking the KKG click language!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are great and I'm so glad to be in this group with you! And to hopefully have a nearby site buddy. We'll get a better feel for the distance once we visit sites next weekend. Just wanted to say how much I enjoy being your friend and fellow sojourner. (Is that the word I want to use?) Till we meet again...a.k.a. like five hours from now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Us too, Steve! It's coming along...! Hope YOU are well too! Miss you guys!

    Thanks Sarah, we <3 you too!!!!! We will definitely figure out getting together, at least occasionally or to do shopping. :-)

    ReplyDelete